Friday, September 30, 2011

saving my awesome for MOFO


Tomorrow is the first day of Vegan MoFo 2011 and I can't believe it's here again already!  I'm really not sure what happened to September, though it's the same thing I imagine happens every time someone starts a new job - time just runs away with all the fun (and learning, and doing, and stress).  Regardless, October starts in a little more than a half an hour and with it begins my third MoFo.  I am totally looking forward to this.

If you want to read previous years' MoFo posts, just navigate along the right side bar --> to October of 2009 and November of 2010.

I don't have anything at all to say about my awesome 10pm dinner of leftover Chana Masala with Green Goodness, but I will tell you my walk home from work was awesome.  Everything is a matter of perception - whether you realize it in the moment or not, you always make a choice in how you respond to a situation.  Here are the FACTS about my walk home from work tonight:

  • it was raining
  • it was in the mid-60s for temperature
  • it was 9:30 on a Friday night
  • I was hungry
  • I am sick
There are two ways to look at this.  On the one hand, you could read those as complaints.  They would be justifiable complaints, too.  Who wants to be leaving work, alone, hungry, and sick at 9:30 on a Friday night and walking through the rain to get home?

ME.

Honestly, those things all suck (well, the temperature wasn't bad), but I was so elated to be walking home from work that nothing but that actually mattered.  I continue to be abnormally happy about this change in commute style and length.

Before I leave you to go cough in a corner, I wanted to share something I thought was awesome (in that ironic, "um, right" kind of way).  I've mentioned before that there are two locations for my new job.  The one I was at tonight, which is walking distance from my home, is nestled between two Starbucks.  There is one a half block north, which is connected to Macy's and there is one a half block south and one block east.  The latter is a great location for grabbing coffee on my way in to the store, but if I'm actually just grabbing coffee during a break, I go north.

I was waiting for the nice young spaz at the espresso machine to brew my autumnal caramel americano and I glanced into the fine jewelry department of Macy's.  Just as I finished being underwhelmed by their displays (can we get some sparkling lights, please?), I noticed one of the most ironically super signs ever.


In case you can't make it out, Macy's wants me to know that for my convenience there are restrooms on the third floor.  I would like to point out that since I was in a Starbucks with a street entrance separate from the store, that means we were all on the first floor.  However, for my convenience, if I need to pee, I can find the ever-ellusive escalators or wait for the same elevators that have been creaking up and down the floors since 1928 so I can use the convenient restrooms on the third floor.

For the sake (and convenience) of their customers, I sincerely hope Starbucks has its own restrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment