Thursday, October 1, 2009

almost vegan just like I'm almost famous

Now, these tasty little cupcakes could be my ticket to superstardom, if I do say so myself. The only problem is that I don't really have a recipe. I have a recipe in my brain, but it's one of those kinds of things where you know how to get to your best friend's house, but you couldn't tell someone else if they were holding a gun to your head, you know? I will have to make them again sometime so I can figure out an official recipe (and because they're supertasty), at which time I will share it.
Or maybe I won't. Maybe it'll be my little secret.

Anyway, I'll be taking these little sweeties in to work tomorrow since I made them at the request of a very helpful co-worker. He's gone "above and beyond" to help me more than a few times and when I asked him what his favorite cupcake was, he had to come up with the hardest kind to make. Admittedly, these probably do not look like what he had in mind, but I promise (if you're reading, Mike) that they taste like it. I had to have one....you know, to make sure I wouldn't poison my colleagues...

They are not vegan, so I will not be counting this post towards my October-Vegan-Fest. They could very easily BE vegan, but I didn't want to use tofutti cream cheese in these treats for my omnivorous colleague the first time I made them. I used honey, too, but I'm still trying to figure out if I feel like that goes against vegan ideals and if so, why. But that's another post for another time.
don't you wish you worked with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment