I think Lady Gaga put it best in her song, The Fame:
I can't help myself I'm addicted to a life of material.People want to feel special; they want to indulge and partake in luxury.
It's some kind of joke, I'm obsessively opposed to the typical.
All we care about is, runway models, cadillacs and liquor bottles.
Give me something I wanna be, retro glamour, Hollywood.
Yes, we live for the Fame
Doin' it for the Fame
'Cause we wanna live the life of the rich and famous.
Fame, Doin' it for the Fame
'Cause we've got a taste for champagne and endless fortune.
I'm no different.
Fortunately, my indulgence takes far less time for make-up and outfit-selection. I'm fine just the way I am - I just need a nice glass of red wine and a few squares of decadent, high-quality dark chocolate.
This little moment of opulence is brought to you courtesy of Yellow Tail Cabernet-Merlot (blue) and Vivani Chocolate. (P.S. I dare you to go to Vivani's website and not drool while watching the homepage slideshow.)
Back to earth, back to the reality of a fun day of food shopping and laundry tomorrow, here is the new menu:
1. Indian-Spiced Lentil Ragu and
2. Mexican Rice and Bean Bake, both from Vegan on the Cheap and both left over from last week's menu, because Mister's belly troubles resulted in an extra night or two of not cooking.
3. Black-Bottom Pineapple Tofu with Cashew Coconut Rice from Vegetarian Times: Fast and Easy, because
- I love this recipe
- It's been a while since I've made it, and
- I have some coconut burning a hole in my cupboard.
5. Braised Cauliflower with Three-Seed Sauce from Vegan With A Vengeance. Can you see that I'm trying to make up for getting all of my meals from one cookbook for two weeks?
Angst also has his little piece of heaven right now - a red wire he stole from Mister and is now gleefully batting around the living room floor. Sometimes, it's the simple things.