Saturday, August 22, 2009

sneak preview

Last night's ramblings about my tiny abode got me thinking, so until I write tonight about dinner, I will give you two lists to ponder.

List #1 - What I will do when I have a bigger home
get a huge saute pan
finally have an adequate home for my huge wok
have a tea party
host a ladies' night
have a normal sized Christmas tree
host a holiday celebration
decorate (if I try to decorate now, it just crowds the place more)

Okay, that's it for now. If I think about it any longer, I'll start being bitter that I don't already have a larger home. Then I'll get all depressed and hopeless, then I'll stress about money. We don't want that, do we? On to the second happy list, then:

List #2 - new menu!
1. Chamomile Couscous with Savory Spinach
2. Five-Spice Vegetables and Tofu on Coffee Rice
3. Pineapple-Tamari Braised Seitan
4. Chickpea Stew with Fried Polenta (mmm.....polenta....)
5. Satyamma's Famous Cauliflower Curry (because cauliflower is cheap right now and because it's one of Mister's favorite veggies)

#4 comes from the Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook which I think is a funny title, since Veg. Times (magazine) is still in production, so there have been hundreds of new recipes since that book came out and my mother so wonderfully gave it to me for Christmas a few years ago.
#5 comes from the New Moosewood Cookbook by Mollie Katzen. I believe I've mentioned Sundays at the Moosewood Restaurant earlier as one of my favorite cookbooks, given to me by my mother-in-law. This book is a 30-years-later follow-up.

Hopefully the rain will hold off long enough for me to get groceries tonight, but for now, it's off to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment