Tuesday, November 16, 2010

one, singular sensation

I can't believe it's only Tuesday - I'm exhausted and would like to go to sleep now.  Instead, I'm posting about one of my favorite meals!


I will never stop loving Punjabi Peppers and Tofu from La Dolce Vegan, but I have to admit, I loved it more tonight than I've loved it in nearly a year.  Why, you ask?  Well, because I got to sprinkle my newly acquired McCormick Gourmet Garam Masala all over it and it tasted so much better than my normal attempts to compensate for blends I don't like as much.

The recipe was contributed to Sarah from the creators of Matt & Nat handbags, which meant very little to me until a local eco-fashion boutique started carrying their line of bags.  I make this all the time so it comes together very quickly, which Mister and I both needed tonight.  I noticed something I've never noticed before, though, while I was explaining to Mister why it's so easy to whip up (besides remembering the steps after so many makings).

There is one of every ingredient.  1 Tbsp of olive oil.  1 of each color pepper.  1 tomato, and on it goes.  All the spices are 1 tsp.  Now that I've made that connection, it should be even easier to make because I have the ingredients committed to memory already and the steps are common sense.  It cooks up very fast because you are essentially layering your prep.  Get the rice steaming, then start the tofu sauteing while you chop the peppers and tomato.  Once you add the veggies, sprinkle on the three 1 tsps of spices, give a good stir, cover and leave it alone for about five minutes.  Voila!  Super Simple Sensational Supper!

No comments:

Post a Comment