Tuesday, May 17, 2011

heaven's on its way

So, according to some flawed math and heretical theology, we are a little less than four days away from Judgment Day.  Supposedly, it says in the Bible that at 6pm on Saturday, all true believers will be swept up to heaven to be glorified and reunited with God, while the rest of us live out our final days in increasing chaos and squalor.

Sweet.  I've always enjoyed the idea of living in a dark, decaying, post-apocalyptic city.


There are two indications, for me, that heaven is on its way: I just finished the last Coconut Drop Cookie and tonight we had the second and final non-Italian meal for dinner.


With Rice Noodle Bowl with Broccoli and Bell Pepper from Vegetarian Times magazine out of the way, I can look forward to spending the final days before I'm either swept up in a blaze of glory or condemned to suffer for the next six months chowing down on delicious Italian-style dinners, complete with red wine and olives (hey, what does anything matter at this point, right? and while we're on the subject, I would like to express my disapproval of the purported date the world will finally and for all times be destroyed by its Maker - Oct. 21st is one week before my 4th wedding anniversary and Mister and I have big plans for our 5th, so I'd prefer to "suffer" for 18 months, if it's all the same).

By the way, I hope you know me well enough to know I'm kidding.  God already told me when the world is going to end, and it's expected to coincide approximately with the date that I give birth and pigs fly while throwing the snowballs they made in Hell at the monkeys that are flying out of my....oh!

Anyway, dinner was nice.  I was actually quite pleased with both "Asian" meals that inched onto this week's menu and did not find myself craving Italian while preparing or cooking them.  That being said, I am really looking forward to cooking the Italian out of my system between now and the Rapture.

I must admit, the 5 day forecast is not helpful in dissuading some of the crazies that everything is okay:


Well.....okay, up until it's all sunny and bright and not even a little apocalyptic-looking on Saturday... I mean, Judgment Day

What kind of food do you suppose makes the most authentic and appropriate Tribulation Era meals?  Should I even bother with menu planning?

Sorry.  I'll stop :)

2 comments: