Saturday, October 23, 2010

quick post while the baby sleeps

Believe it or not, I'm babysitting right now.  Granted the baby is sleeping and Mommy just ran out to grab pizza for the two Misters while our Spaghetti Squash bakes, but I'm still responsible for the little guy...

Today was great fun - I felt totally Hollywood, strolling a fabulous outdoor mall with bags, coffee, and a stroller. I'm being serious, too.  A few observations:

Eating at a sidewalk cafe in October is awesome.  Probably also only practical in this part of the country, possibly Florida.  Food and coffee taste better outside, sometimes, though.

It's easier to go clothes shopping with a girlfriend because you get an opinion, and an honest one, not the opinion of the salesgirl who wants you to buy something.  I left the mall with a writing book, fingerless gloves, two new sweaters, and a mind swimming with glam.

We toured the coastal roads so I could get my first glimpse of the Pacific Ocean and it was gorgeous.  We stopped by Trader Joe's on the way "home" and picked up a spaghetti squash and some wine.  We've already started into the wine, but the spaghetti squash is turning out to be a time-consuming endeavor...hopefully we'll eat soon!

I have a ton of great pictures I can't wait to share.  I'll be back when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment