Tuesday, October 26, 2010

this little piggy cried "wee wee wee"

Actually, it was Mister who gleefully cried "wee wee wee" all the way home.  He was so happy to touch down in Philadelphia and take our twice a year cab ride to get home from the airport, he actually did a little seat-dance.  Me?  Well...I'm glad to be finished with the traveling and I'll be downright happy when my right ear unclogs and stops ringing, but if I was a little piggy, I would just cry all the way home.

Don't get me wrong - I love my city and there was a part of me that was comforted and comfortable when I saw the skyline come into view.  I also love the West Coast and would be happy to call it home, especially if that means I would be closer to my sisters in Arizona and California.  I had planned to move to Nevada after graduating from college, but I ended up getting a job before I graduated and then I met this really hot guy who eventually managed to marry me :)  I think a part of me will always hold out hope to live in California/the West Coast someday, but for now I'm happy to have family to visit.


I'll write a full vacation post/picture parade as soon as I figure out how to get the pictures out of the two picture-taking sources and onto my computer, as well as muddle through the scribbled notes I made on hotel stationary and a cute little owl-emblazoned notepad from Urban Outfitters.  For now, let me give you a few highlights that will hopefully entice you to check back tomorrow for more details:

Day 1 was mainly travel, including my first ever experience with LA traffic.  It's everything They say it is, folks.  After traveling from morning until night, through three time zones, Mister and I didn't care much that it was "only" 8:30ish when we arrived at our hotel.  We checked in and pretty well crashed.

Day 2, Mister and Bro-in-law went to Blizzcon and Sister, Nephew, and I went to Disneyland.  It was awesome - It took about ten minutes for me to feel like a child and just get carried along with the fun.  We had a very tasty lunch, saw a marching band parade, and bought fun girly things, then returned to San Clemente for an extremely well-made dinner at a local Italian restaurant overlooking a flower shop full of perfect blooms.

Day 3, Mister and BIL returned to Blizzcon while Sister, Nephew, and I went to this awesome, hollywood outdoor mall, complete with a carousel, ferris wheel, and fountains (not to mention stores in which I could quickly deplete my bank account and culinary treasures).  This was the night we conquered the spaghetti squash (eventually).

Day 4, our whole merry crew took a tour of Blizzard Entertainment (BIL works there) which I can't talk about because we signed a non-disclosure agreement and if I have a firstborn, I would like to keep it for my troubles.  We lunched at Native Foods and walked around another, smaller outdoor mall, then returned to San Clemente for dinner at another local Italian place and a movie at the house.

Day 5, we brunched on the coastline, literally across the street from the place where the Pacific Ocean makes landfall.  Afterwards, SIL and I walked a lovely, shop-filled street while the boys drove around with Nephew, then we took a brief recess so Mister and I could start getting our stuff together before dinner, which was at an adorable Thai place just outside of town.

Day 6 was another travel day...today.  Stay tuned - More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment